Task: Create an annotated
bibliography of four sources that could be used for your research
project, including at least two articles from scholarly journals.
Four citations, each with an annotation of 150 +/- 25 words (125-175
words each). The entire completed assignment should be at least 600
Sources: Four sources related to your research
question, including at least two from scholarly journal articles. All
four sources should be high-quality sources that you can use in your
research project. Refer to Week 3: Selecting Sources Wisely. You may
decide to use some or all of the sources that you posted in Week 3,
Discussion 1: Identifying and Evaluating Sources.
Due date and grading: This
assignment is due by the end of Week 4. This assignment will be graded
with a rubric and will count for 20% of your course grade. To view the
grading rubric, access the assignment through the Assignments area of
Outcomes you should achieve by completing this assignment
annotated bibliography contributes to the research project by helping
you collect and analyze your sources. The outcomes for this assignment
are listed below, with the associated course outcomes in parentheses:
- Identify valid and reliable sources that can be used in the composition of a research paper (Course outcome 4)
- Explain the nature of selected sources and their relevance of sources to the research paper (Course outcome 4)
- Set up an annotated bibliography in APA format (Course outcome 4)
- Demonstrate accurate grammar and mechanics in writing (Course outcome 3)
annotated bibliography is part of your research project, which examines
a current issue or event in the news from the perspective of your field
of study. The annotated bibliography builds on your work from the first
few weeks of class selecting an appropriate topic and then developing a
more focused research question. Indicate your research question at the
top of your annotated bibliography, just below the title.
What to do
the explanation in the videos posted in class (The Annotated
Bibliography) and the Sample Annotated Bibliography, create an annotated
bibliography of four sources. For each source, include:
- Reference citation in APA format
- Annotation of 150 ±25 words, formatted in a single paragraph, with
may (but do not have to) use CiteFast to create your reference
citations. If you use CiteFast, be sure to check for accuracy and make
any necessary corrections.
Formatting your assignment
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.
- Reference citations should be formatted with a hanging indent.
- Organize the annotated bibliography in alphabetical order, according to the first word of each reference citation.
Remember to include your research question below your title.
Format each annotation in a single paragraph.
Title page is not required, but make sure you include your name and a
title that reflects your topic at the top of the first page. Below the
title, indicate your research question.